General information about transportation in Rome can be found here.
Rome is easily accessible from most countries with direct flights being served by the largest Italian airport, Fiumicino (Leonardo da Vinci), and being also served by another important airport, Ciampino (G.B. Pastine). Both of them are about 30-35 km from the centre of Rome.
From Fiumicino (FCO) there are two main options to reach downtown Rome by train:
- Direct no stop train “Leonardo Express” connecting Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci airport to Termini Station (the central train station in Rome). The ticket price is 14€ one way. The trip is 31 minutes long. The time schedule includes a train every 30 minutes, from 6.38am until 11.38pm in direction from Fiumicino to Roma Termini, and from 5.50am until 10.50pm in direction from Roma Termini to Fiumicino.
- Local train on the line FR1 Orte-Fara Sabina (see metro map). The ticket price is 8€ but the train stops at each station. Time required approximately 45-50 minutes. From Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci to city centre, take direction “Orte”.
From Ciampino (CIA) there is a bus service connecting the Airport with the Metro Station “Anagnina” on Line A, ticket costs 1.50 €. From “Anagnina”, you can reach “Roma Termini” with the Metro Line A.
Rome is also accessible by train through its central station “Roma Termini”, which is closeby downtown Rome.
Reaching the conference venue
Leonardo da Vinci Airport, Fiumicino (Rome)
- by car: drive on the Fiumicino-Rome motorway for 20 km, then enter the EUR district and drive for another 3 km (viale del Pattinaggio, via delle Tre Fontane, viale di Val Fiorita, piazzale Ferruccio Parri, viale Umberto Tupini, piazza Ghandi) until you reach Viale dell’Astronomia, 30;
- by train: take the Leonardo Express train to Termini Railway Station (32 minutes). To reach Eur from there, please follow “By Train” directions.
G.B. Pastine Airport, Ciampino (Rome)
- by car: drive on Via Appia Nuova towards Rome for 2 km. Then turn right on the Grande Raccordo Anulare towards Florence; after almost 10 km take exit number 26 to EUR Rome. From there, please follow “By Car” directions.
- by bus: take the shuttle bus going to Termini Railway Station. From there, please follow “By Train” directions.
There are two big Railway Stations in Rome: Termini is served by underground B and B1. Tiburtina, by the underground B. Once you are in on of the two stations, please take the underground B or B1 to Laurentina and get off at Eur Magliana. Walk 650 m to Viale dell’Astronomia, 30.
Take exit number 26 from the Grande Raccordo Anulare – to Eur Rome and continue towards Via Pontina and Via Cristoforo Colombo for 2.5 km.
Once you are in Piazzale dello Sport, turn right to Piazzale Pier Luigi Nervi/Viale dell’Umanesimo. Continue to Largo del Ciclismo then turn right into Viale dell’Umanesimo/Largo Mustafa Kemal Ataturk; turn right again into Viale Umberto Tupini/Piazza Ghandi and, finally, turn right into Viale dell’Astronomia (1.7 km).
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Underground. Linea B, stop Eur Magliana (walking distance 650m)
- Bus. Line 709 (stop Astronomia-Gandhi); lines 31, 771, 780 (stop Tupini-Astronomia)
- Taxi. The nearest station is in Viale Europa (walking distance 400m)
|Follow us on Twitter for all the last minute updates!|
Camera ready submission
Notification of paper acceptance
Full paper submissions
28 February 2018
Satellite Workshop proposals
Special Session proposals